We are excited to offer a subscription service for folks who really, really, really like us! We've been thinking about how people get their music, or at a minimum, how they get our music. What does it look like in the future and what could be the most supportive for the artist? Then, in a way that only the universe works, we heard the lone voice of Ira Glass reminding me to donate to NPR; that, for only the price of a cup of coffee-- maybe a double caramel macchiato-- we could support the programs we love for only $5 a month. We talked about it... as a band... and as a collective entity we feel like this subscription thing is worth a shot. So, with your yearly subscription you will get:
1. The entire June Star back catalog (some of which will be exclusive to subscribers only)
2. The four Andrew Grimm solo records (subscriber only exclusive)
3. A weekly song challenge: A new song produced once a week delivered to your inbox (52 songs: subscriber only exclusives)
4. Any new June Star record released within that year.
Why is this subscription service so important?
So, in order for us to focus on music and work out these ideas on a full-time level we're hoping to defer the costs of recording and touring by going here... if anything... your subscription is contributes to building a creative space, physically and emotionally, which filters into the music you love. We will be sending our subscription funds to local/independently owned sources... from the recording studios to the local manufacturers for physical items! No longer will we put our music on iTunes or Spotify... sure it's exposure but that hasn't worked out for us very well.
But... with your subscriptions and a lot of happy hour cover gigs... we might just be able to sustain our full-time music goals!
What you get:
- All the new music we make streaming instantly on your mobile device via the free Bandcamp app, and also available as a high-quality download.*
- Exclusive access to the June Star fan community.
These back-catalog and subscriber-only releases:
Sleeping with the Lights On
Cyber Tour Digital Tip Jar
Simple Truths (Redux)
Exclusive June Star Subscription: July 2016 thru June 2016, A Year of Living Creatively
You're Still Here
Kill the Lights
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re supporting us in a sustainable way.